Our client is a multi-franchised passenger and heavy vehicle distributor with dealerships throughout PNG. They are presently seeking a Fixed Operations Manager for their dealership operations in Lae. Reporting to the Branch Manager and to the Group Fixed Operations Manager, the position will be responsible for not only the parts and service departments, but also the companies wheel and tyre store, as well as their panel and fabrication section. The computer system in use at this dealership is Reynolds & Reynolds.
These operations have good management in place in the service, tyre and panel departments, with parts being the primary area where improvement is desired. To that end, the ideal candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate a background in the management of fixed operations, with a particular emphasis being towards commercial / heavy vehicles. This role has excellent earning potential, as well as capacity for advancement within the group. The chosen candidate will primarily supervise the parts department, which employs over 20 staff and carries in excess of $7,000,000 in inventory. Parts sales targets are budgeted at $1.7 million kina per month, or approximately $722,000 AUD. This is a role that requires a “hands on” Manager, who is able to lead by example, roll up their sleeves and get the job done! Whilst the primary focus will be on parts, you will also have management control over the other departments mentioned above.
Your major duties will include:
– Increasing profitability and market share and being accountable for operational efficiency
– Achieving and exceeding all major budget targets
– Leading, developing and inspiring staff, including team building & training
– Ensuring security and maintenance of company assets
– Identifying new business initiatives and developing business opportunities to expand the business
– Managing an outdoor sales force
– Controlling the operation of the companies substantial parts warehouse
– Maximising customer service, satisfaction and promoting the company professionally in the community
A generous remuneration package will be discussed, which will also provide a host of expatriate benefits including free accommodation, free return air fares to point of recruitment, relocation assistance, company vehicle, 6 weeks annual leave, full medical insurance, club memberships and various allowances.
This dealership is really going places. They have excellent management in place and are actively taking a stance in the market as the business to do business with. For further information on PNG please visit the following website http://www.tpa.papuanewguinea.travel.