Our client is probably the largest motor vehicle distributor in the South Pacific region, boasting a selection of world-recognised franchises covering the passenger vehicle, light commercial, heavy commercial, equipment and machinery product lines. In addition to its retail services, our client also operates parts, service, tyre and panel divisions, as well as a host of complementary associated enterprises.
Our client is looking to appoint a National Truck and Equipment Manager, who will focus on the strategic objectives of the companies activities within those particular market segments.
Your major accountabilities will include:
- Planning and implementing with assistance from other Managers successful Sales & Marketing strategies.
- Reviewing and communicating pricing structures and changes as well as, advertising and promotional campaigns and materials.
- Ensuring constant and consistent monitoring of customer feedback in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring and controlling inventory and stock orders, forecasting future sales and revenue, ensuring minimal aged stock whilst meeting stock KPI’s.
- Actively manage major customer relationships to maximise sales while enhancing the company’s image and reputation.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to increase market share and compile and provide monthly statistics and commentary on sales and competitor activity to the Senior Management.
- Monitor the activities of the dealer network in respect of truck and tractor sales and advise and assist Dealer Management and staff in achieving their sales targets, gross profit and increasing market share.
- Determine product discount levels, set price lists and monitor prices via the sales margin analysis report.
- Develop annual sales budgets (sales and gross profit), monitor performance against budget monthly and establish plans to manage variations to budget.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you be able to demonstrate previous experience in retail operations. You will also need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the Truck and Equipment market.
- A detailed understanding of the Truck and Equipment selling process.
- Previous exposure / working knowledge of market demographic of the Truck & Equipment buyer.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven sales and marketing experience.
- Ideally be proficient in Microsoft Office and Reynolds & Reynolds.
- Strong leadership, analytical, negotiation and consulting skills.
- Stability of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years practical automotive retail Truck Management experience.
The successful candidate will be offered a remuneration package consisting of a very attractive retainer, allowances and performance bonus. You will also be provided with a car and accommodation.
If you would like further information on PNG, please let me know and I will forward on to you an electronic information pack.
For further information please contact Chris Fowler on 07 3359 4363, quoting reference number AC5089. Resumes, questions and expressions of interest can be forwarded by email to email@example.com.