Our client is probably the largest motor vehicle distributor in the South Pacific region, boasting a selection of world-recognised franchises covering the passenger vehicle, light commercial, heavy commercial, equipment and machinery product lines. In addition to its retail services, our client also operates parts, service, tyre and panel divisions, as well as a host of complementary associated enterprises.
In this role you will supervise a large service department, which employs around 24 Technicians, and undertakes upto 40 RO’s per day. Prior experience as a Service or Fixed Operations Manager in a franchised dealership is required, as this is a challenging role, where you will deal with a wide variety of service issues, across multiple vehicle franchises.
The department requires a Manager with a hands on approach. You will be heavily involved in the ongoing training of both technical and non-technical staff. Given the growth that PNG is experiencing, room for advancement within the dealer group to new sites and other areas is available to those who demonstrate the requisite skills and abilities.
Port Moresby is the capital and largest city of Papua New Guinea (PNG). It is located on the shores of the Gulf of Papua, on the south eastern coast of the Papuan Peninsula of the island of New Guinea. The city emerged as a trade centre in the second half of the 19th century. During World War II it was a prime objective for conquest by the Imperial Japanese forces, to be used as a staging point and air base to cut off Australia from South-east Asia and the Americas. Port Moresby has a population of over 400,000, giving it an annual growth rate of about 2.1%. The first European to see it was Captain John Moresby in 1873. It was named in honour of his father, Admiral Sir Fairfax Moresby. For further information on PNG please visit the following website http://www.papuanewguinea.travel/australia
Your major accountabilities will include:
• Follow the annual budget plan for the Branch Service & Panel business
• Ensure security and maintenance is maintained at the highest level of all company assets
• Expand the Service business through the identification and development of new business opportunities and enhance brand awareness in the market
• Maintain a consistently high level of customer service and implement corrective action plans as necessary
• Monitor all staff performance and lead by example with best practice
• Ensuring communication with key stakeholders is of the highest standard, so customer’s needs are met, all business opportunities are maximized and strong relationships are developed
A generous remuneration package based on a very attractive retainer plus incentives will be discussed. Additionally, various expatriate benefits will also be provided, which include free accommodation, free return air fares to point of recruitment, relocation assistance, company vehicle, annual leave, full medical insurance, club memberships and much more.
For further information please contact Chris Fowler on 07 3359 4363, quoting reference number AC4856. Resumes, questions and expressions of interest can be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.