Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We will not divulge any information about you, your employment history, educational qualifications, or personal situation without your authorisation.
All activities that relate to our collection, use, storage and disclosure of your information are done so in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Open and transparent management of your information
We are committed to being open, honest and transparent about how we manage your personal information. We welcome any questions or enquiries on any aspect relating to our dealings with your personal information.
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The kind of personal information that we will ordinarily retain about you includes:
- Your contact details
- Employment history
- Educational qualifications
- Family situation (if relocation is being considered)
- Opinions about your work performance (references)
In some instances, and only with your permission, we may collect sensitive information, which includes:
- information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin
- membership of a professional or trade association
- membership of a trade union
- criminal record
- health information
Collection and storage of personal information
The information that we collect, request or hold about you is information that is necessary only to our business activities, being the provision of recruitment services to clients, and the provision of employment opportunities to candidates. We collect personal information or sensitive information about you via the following methods:
- You apply to a position that we are recruiting and provide information in the form of a resume, cover letter, references, educational qualifications or other personal or sensitive information.
- You register, either by mail, email or through our website, to receive notifications from us about positions that we are recruiting from time to time.
- We undertake reference checking activities, with your permission.
- We receive the results of any required testing, undertaken in consideration of your candidacy for a position we are recruiting.
- You correspond with us over email or telephone and provide us with additional or new personal or sensitive information.
- Feedback from our clients whom we have introduced you to as a candidate.
Personal and sensitive information we hold about you is stored in a variety of secure sources. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of these sources and to prohibit the access of these sources by unauthorised persons. The majority of our records are stored electronically on a private network, with an encrypted backup kept on both local and remote servers.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information
The information that you provide us, be it personal information, sensitive information, or both, is collected and used for a range of purposes, primarily being:
- Assessing your suitability for positions you indicate an interest in being considered for.
- Notifying you of available positions that may be of interest to you.
- Undertaking marketing activities to prospective employers on exceptional candidates (generic, non-identifiable information only)
- Providing you with information that can be of benefit in your career development and/or employment seeking endeavours.
- Analysing employment dynamics within the labour market.
- Providing you with assistance in your career advancement or development needs.
- Providing broad, statistical information to our clients and candidates on noticeable traits, characteristics or changes in employment conditions i.e. remuneration trends, changes in workforce or company structure dynamics and geographical spikes in employment demand.
We may disclose your personal information to others in accordance with the primary purpose that it was collected and is held for. We may also disclose it for a related secondary purpose.
In all cases of your dealings with us, if a situation arises where your information is in a position to be disclosed to a third party, such as to a client in consideration of a vacancy in their organisation, we will always get permission from you before the disclosure takes place. We will also notify you in writing of the disclosure and record the disclosure event on your personal profile.
Information that you supply to us and that we hold on record will be viewable by our employees. Information may be disclosed to international parties in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Fiji and the Solomon Islands, where you apply for a vacancy that we have listed in one of those areas, and you have given us permission to disclose your information.
In some circumstances a lawful authority with entitlement to be provided with personal or sensitive information may direct us to disclose information about you to them. This will be done in accordance with all relevant laws and you will be notified in writing if such a disclosure was directed.
Information collected via our website
Accessing your information
You are entitled to view the information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions. Specifically, we are not required to grant access to your information to the extent that one of the following situations could arise as a result of that access:
- Threat to life
- Impact on the privacy of others
- Request is frivolous or vexatious
- Existing legal proceedings in effect between the parties
- Existing negotiations between the parties
- Access would be unlawful
- Denying access is required or authorised by law, a court or a tribunal
- Prejudicial to any enforcement related activities
- Commercially sensitive decision-making evaluative information could be revealed.
In order to view the information that we hold about you, it is a requirement that you fill out an application for access request, which we will use to verify your identity. You will need to identify what information you would like to view and also in what medium you would like to view it. Please contact our Privacy Officer to receive a copy of the application for access form.
Once we receive your completed application for access, we will process the application in a reasonable time and respond to you in writing, either providing you with the information you requested, or notifying you of when and/or where the information will be provided or made available for viewing.
If an application for access is denied, we will advise you in writing of our reasons for the denial, and the options available to you for taking the matter further, should you not be satisfied by our explanation.
Information quality and correction
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we hold on you is accurate, up to date and complete. If you believe that information that we hold on you may be inaccurate, incomplete or have become out of date, please notify us via email or telephone, so we may make the necessary changes.
Complaints and enquiries
Should you feel that a breach of your privacy has occurred, please contact our Privacy Officer as soon as possible so that the matter can be investigated.
07 3359 4363 or
PO Box 2464, Chermside Centre, Qld, 4032.